We are planning InterChange 2022, STC New England’s regional conference, for the fall. That may seem like a ways off, but we’re already making preparations, and we need volunteers to make it happen. Come join the team! Most of the tasks take only a few hours per month before the conference, and some finish by the conference. Volunteers will enjoy a reduced conference rate plus the satisfaction of contributing to the success of a major event for both STC New England and the Society.
We need volunteers in these areas:
- Logistics: Help keep things running smoothly before and during the conference.
- Sponsorship: Contact, procure from, and coordinate with sponsors.
- Website: Keep our website’s InterChange pages up to date with conference information.
- Marketing and Social Media: Create marketing copy and post it to our social-media accounts to spread the word.
- Speaker Management: Review presentation proposals, coordinate the master speaker schedule, and help keep the speakers happy.
- Program: Create the conference program with input from the speaker manager and sponsorship manager.
- Room Hosts (2): Manage Go To Meeting meetings that serve as the virtual track “rooms” for presentations.
If you’re ambitious and want to take on multiple roles, we can negotiate. If you’d like to help but aren’t sure you know what to do, we have mentors available. Of course, many hands make light work. If you can contribute, but not full time or not in a lead role, you can still chip in and make a difference. Anything you can do will help!
To volunteer, or if you have questions about how you can contribute, please contact us at Interchange@stcnewengland.org. We’d love to have you on the team!