September 16: Frenemies? Tech Comm, Tech Support, and Working Together
with Rick Lippincott
In many organizations, the Technical Communication group and the Technical Support group deal with very similar types of information. Yet there is often little communication or sharing between “us” and “them.”
What are the differences between these two groups and how they operate? What are the similarities? How can we bridge the gap, break down silos, and work together to improve the user experience and customer success?
Join us as Rick Lippincott shares his insights into these issues and more at our first program of the 2015-2016 season. We hope you can join us!
Register for the program or the webinar.
STC New England is awarded Community of Excellence from the Society for Technical Communication for 2nd year in a row!
The survey says...?
Thanks for the wonderful ideas and enthusiasm expressed in your survey responses. We'll share the results with you in an upcoming post.
Mentoring ProgramAre you looking to achieve your technical communication goals more quickly? Do you want to learn more about a specific area of the profession? The New England Chapter wants to help! We are sponsoring a mentoring program for area professionals.
For more information, click Mentoring Program.
Job Bank Updates
There are jobs awaiting applicants in the Jobs Bank in the Members' Area. Is one of them your Dream Job?
- Technical Writer - DITA, Burlington, MA
- Technical Writer, Full-time, Cambridge, MA
- Technical Writer, Contract - 4 months, Watertown, MA
- Senior Technical Writer, Burlington, MA
- Curriculum Developer and Instructor, Permanent, Waltham, MA
- QC LEQ Writer, Framingham, MA
- Technical Writer, 3+ Month Contract, Cambridge, MA
- SDK - Lead Technical Writer
- Corporate Communications Specialist, 6 month contract, Marlborough, MA
- Contract Technical Writer, 3 months plus, Woburn, MA
- Technical Writer, 3 to 6 month contract, Marlboro, MA
- Technical Writer, Innovatia, Boston and other locations
See all the details in the Members' Area Jobs Bank!
The New England chapter is proud to receive the Community of Excellence Award from the STC. We have worked tirelessly over the last two years to revitalize and invigorate our chapter. This award is wonderful recognition for the hard work of the chapter Council and our members.