Open the Door: Inviting Users to Contribute to Online Help
November 19 dinner program/webinar
In an effort to engage users, Autodesk launched an online learning experience called WikiHelp that enabled community content, collaboration, and, most importantly, regular communication with our users.
Join Senior Content Engineer Josh Breault and Principal Learning Content Developer Patty Gale for a presentation on the challenges, lessons learned, and key takeaways from their experiences in developing help for and with the user community.
Register for the dinner and program, or the webinar.
March 27 & 28
Join us March 27 & 28, 2015 for Interchange, the New England regional conference for technical communication professionals. We will be returning to UMass Lowell for our third year!
Job Bank Updates
There are jobs awaiting applicants in the Jobs Bank in the Members' Area. Is one of them your Dream Job?
- Technical Writer (DITA), Permanent, Waltham
- Technical Writer, Permanent, Burlington, MA
- Technical Writer (InDesign), 2 month Contract, Remote (from Cambridge)
- Technical Writer, 6-mo Contract, Newton, MA
- Report Writer (Life Sci), Temp-to-Perm, Wareham, MA
- Senior Technical Writer, 6+ mo. contract, Nashua, NH
- Content Specialist, Permanent, Waltham, MA
- Tech Writer, 5+ mo contract, Andover, MA
- Training Content Developer (Biotech/GMP), Contract to end of year, Lexington, MA
- A whole bunch of links! (>100, from a member!)
- Tech Writer, Contract, Wilmington, MA
- Tech Writer, Permanent, Boston
- Tech Writer, Permanent, Westford, MA
- Tech Writer, 4-6 month contract, Bedford, MA
- Tech Writer, Long-term contract, South Shore, MA
See all the details in the Members' Area Jobs Bank!
STC New England is awarded Community of Excellence from the Society for Technical Communication
The New England chapter is proud to receive the Community of Excellence Award from the STC. We have worked tirelessly over the last two years to revitalize and invigorate our chapter. This award is wonderful recognition for the hard work of the chapter Council and our members.
19 Nov 2014 6:00 PM (EST) • The Hilton Garden Inn, Burlington, MA
19 Nov 2014 7:00 PM (EST) • online
31 Dec 2214 • Online - Download Only
Login and password not working?
Your STC.org login and password will NOT allow you to log into this site.
You need to request an STC New England login and password. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
STC New England News
Visit our news site to keep up to date on the latest happenings of the New England chapter, read blogs posts from the President, see pictures from events, and much more.
Connect with STC New England
Send questions and comments about the New England chapter or this website to email@example.com.
About STC New England
The New England chapter is one of the largest chapters in the Society for Technical Communication (STC) with more than 250 members. The New England chapter serves technical communications professionals in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
The chapter sponsors monthly programs, informal social events, an annual technical publications competition, and a regional professional conference.
STC New England was formed in 2011 when the Boston Chapter and the Northern New England Chapter merged to form the New England chapter. The Boston Chapter, incorporated in 1953, and the Association of Technical Writers and Editors in New York City were founding chapters of the STC.
Boston Interactions Calendar
For information on other area events that may be of interest to technical writers, please visit the Boston Interactions Calendar: